Pages

Monday 4 March 2013

I Miss Football – Emmanuel Emenike

AFCON Goal King Emmanuel Emenike has exclusively told MTNFootball.com he misses the game as he remains sidelined by a long-term hamstring injury.
“I miss football. Football is part of me and I always want to play,”Emenike told MTNFootball.com on phone from his base in Russia.
The second round of the Russian Premier League will resume next week Sunday with Emenike’s Spartak home to closest rivals Terek Grosny.
Both teams are on 32 points after 19 matches with fifth-placed Spartak only ahead on goals’ difference.
Emenike, who fired four goals at the recent Nations Cup, missed the AFCON final against Burkina Faso after he suffered the injury in the semi-final against Mali in Durban.
The medical team at Spartak say he could be out for as a long as two months, which could well rule him out of a 2014 World Cup qualifier at home to Kenya later this month.
Emenike rubbished a media report that he has since returned to action.
“I am yet to return to action, but I am only focusing on good recovery from the injury. I want to get back to my best form for my great club who have stood by me,” Emenike said.
“I didn’t post anything about being back in action on Facebook or anywhere else, as I am thinking only about my recovery. “​I hope to be back for good soon.”


No comments:

Post a Comment