Pages

Sunday 24 August 2014

Why I Didn't Tell Osaze - Victor Moses

Nigeria’s Victor Moses has revealed that his now teammate and fellow Nigerian international, Osaze Odemwingie did not know that he was coming to Stoke.Victor Moses joined Stoke City for one year. Photo: Stoke City FC The Ex Wigan, Chelsea and Liverpool player had just moved from the Blues to Stoke this off season. He revealed that he had sought advice from Osaze but did not give up any information why he was asking.


He said: “I sent him a text before I made the move and just asked him what the Club was like, and a few other things like that”.

He didn’t know that I had the chance to come here at the time, so he was a little surprised when I turned up 24 hours later to sign.

“He only had good things to say about the place. He told me the Club is a great place to be, the management are really good and that the training ground is superb too.

“I am really happy to be here now and I feel really comfortable. Peter and all of the other lads, and the staff, have made me feel incredibly welcome.”

Moses, who had a terrible season last year getting less to none playing time at his loan with Liverpool said he is trying to re-launch his Premier League career at the Britannia Stadium.

He said: “It was a disappointing time but to be honest I would rather move forward and not dwell on what happened in the past with Liverpool”.

“All I want to concentrate on now is doing well here at Stoke City, and getting back to enjoying my football again.

“It is difficult to get back to your best when you aren’t really playing much football, so hopefully I can earn myself a place in the team here and enjoy it again.

“I will give 100 percent in training and I will do the same in matches too. I like to score goals and help create opportunities so hopefully I can play my part here.”

He added: “There were other options available to me, but as soon as I spoke to the manager and he told me of the Club’s ambitions, I knew it was the move I wanted to make.”
 Victor was born in Nigeria but when his father and mother died his uncle took him to England at the age of 12, he however came back to help Nigeria win the AFCON after 19 years of drought.

No comments:

Post a Comment