Pages

Sunday 17 March 2013

You’re not fair to me, Emenike tells NFF, Keshi








Super Eagles hero at the 2013 Africa Nations Cup Emmanuel Emenike yesterday berated his coach Stephen Keshi and the Nigeria Football Federation for allegedly leaving him to his fate after he suffered an injury while fighting for Nigeria to win the tournament in South Africa.

Emenike suffered a muscle tear in the semi-final match against Mali and according to him, nobody from the NFF has bothered to check on his recovery. Emenike was missing from the list of Super Eagles players invited for the World Cup qualifier against Kenya next weekend.

“I must be honest with you, I have not been treated well by the coach and the NFF because they ignored me so soon, so fast,” he lamented.
“Nobody from NFF and the coach have called to ask me about my injury. I am bitter about this. It is unfair and I can tell you that is why some players don’t come to give their best for the national team.” “When a player gets injured on national duty, I think the country’s football authority and coach ought to keep in touch to let him know he is loved and cared for.
“I am not a use-and-dump player. I will not act as one at all because my club career is very much important to me than anything.”
He added: “Look at a player like (Victor) Anichebe (Everton striker was injured while on national team duty last year), no one cared about him and you think he will come to national team to give his best.
“I am not worried about that but I just need to tell them it’s unfair. It is not everything that is money, but a call just to show you care could change someone’s problem at a particular time.”
Emenike told MTNFootball.com that this is in sharp contrast to his Russian club Spartak Moscow, who have done everything to get him back playing again.   “I must give kudos to my club for taking good care of me even though I didn’t get the injury while playing for them,” he said.
“I can’t wait to return to my best form. I feel like playing and banging in the goals for my club right now. “I am happy with my rehabilitation and I will start joggling soon and I believe I will respond well because I have missed the game so much.”

  source VANGUARD NIGERIA



No comments:

Post a Comment